Harvard Art Museums School Group Programs
Other Ideas: American Textile History Museum; Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum; New England Patriots Hall at Patriot Place; Southwick's Zoo; The Mapparium: Mary Baker Eddy Library
Please contact the Education Department at 617-496-8576 for more information and to schedule your class visit. Teachers are invited to consult with Education staff to arrange for one or more gallery lessons that will support student learning and relate to the classroom curriculum.
Guidelines to plan your class visit:
• Guided school group tours are offered Tuesday–Friday at 10am.
• School groups requiring a gallery teacher must be booked at least three weeks in advance. When you call, please be prepared with several possible dates for your visit, as our gallery calendar fills up quickly during the academic year.
• Group size for K–12 is limited to 30–45 students, depending on the specifics of your lesson plan.
Lesson plans (modified for age group):
1. Introduction to the Harvard Art Museums (maximum of 45 students, 60–75 minutes in galleries)
2. Introduction to Asian Art (maximum of 30 students, 60 minutes)
3. Art, Storytelling, and Literature (maximum of 45 students, 60–75 minutes in galleries)
4. The Artist's Role in Society (maximum of 45 students, 75 minutes in galleries)
|We make best efforts to update information, but it changes frequently, so we cannot warrant it. Please call to check Harvard Art Museums School Group Programs schedules, fees, and directions before making the trek. We help you, please help us. Report an Error if you find one.|