Richardson's Ice Cream
You know winter's over when the line at Richardson's Ice Cream snakes all the way down to the batting cages at this heavenly family spot.
The Richardsons have been farming for over three centuries, but today's farm includes miniature golf courses, batting cages and driving range.
Richardson's ice cream comes right from the cows on the farm out back, where you can also see sheep, chickens, ducks and even a rooster.
Enjoy flavors like Purple Cow indoors in the spotless, all-season dining room, or on the outdoor patio with waterfalls. And don't forget a gallon of milk to take home. You can also enjoy Richardson's ice cream at Jordan's Furniture, Reading (see below).
9am 11pm daily
Fall, Winter and Spring
Sunday Thursday: 9am 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 9 am 10pm
* Dairy farm and bottling facility
* All-season dining room and outdoor patio with waterfalls
* Cows, sheep, chickens, ducks and even a rooster to see
* Golf Country with two miniature golf courses, batting cages and driving range
Richardson's at Jordan's Furniture, Reading
50 Walkers Brook Dr
Reading, MA 01867
Reading hours (year round)
Monday Friday: 10am 10pm
Saturday: 10am 11pm
Sunday: 11am 7pm
Reading Highlights (part of Jordans Furniture Superstore)
* 60 x 40 foot ice cream stand, topped with a gigantic banana split made out of jelly beans
* Beantown: replicas of Boston landmarks sculptured with jelly beans, plus jelly bean tables with chairs to sit and enjoy your ice cream.
* Liquid Fireworks show every 30 minutes
* The only indoor Trapeze School in the country
* IMAX 3D Movie Theater
156 South Main Street (Rte 114), Middleton, MA, 01949 map
- Expect to wait in line on warm evenings; or, time your visit to beat the after-school and after-dinner crowds. Richardson's is a farm, and little ones will be surprised to find out that cows SMELL.
Of course there are crowdsAnyone who expects to find Richardson's manageable on a summer day should just stop at a gas station for a popsicle. The ice cream is worth the wait, and hey, what's summer for? The staff are teenagers, not known for customer service skills.
It Was Packed And None Of The Customers Spoke Our LanguageIce cream good. Customers...rude.
|REVIEWS BY STUDENTS||↑ top|
The best ice cream world, Grade 2 StudentRichardson's Ice Cream has lots of yummy ice cream flavors. My favorite is lemon because it's really yummy and they make it natural from real lemons. Another flavor is watermelon. It's new to me and tastes great, too. I also like to play mini-golf at Richardson's Ice Cream. It has lots of challenging courses. It even has water falls that you might loose your golf ball in, so be careful! If you're lucky, you might find it like I did!
Richardson's fun, Grade 4 StudentRichardson's Ice Cream is very fun. We go to eat ice cream, and play mini-golf. They also have a golf driving range for adults. The ice cream is very good, and my favorite is watermelon. It tastes so good and sweet! This place is a perfect summer trip!
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Boston Kids Furniture