Summer Solstice Celebration 2018
Visit our newest exhibitions (Start off with a visit to our newest exhibitions)
• Learn about the microscopic organisms that make life on Earth possible in Microbial Life: A Universe at the Edge of Sight.
• Discover how ancient Near Eastern kings commemorated their military triumphs and civic achievements in From Stone to Silicone: Recasting Mesopotamian Monuments
• Admire more then 600 objects from Asia, Oceania, and the Americas on display in All the World Is Here: Harvard’s Peabody Museum and the Invention of American Anthropology.
• Then step outdoors for a host of fun activities
• Make a summer crown with fresh flowers and greens to wear during the event
• Marvel at circus performers
• Get up close to nature at the animal farm
• Find sustenance from the event food trucks
• Enter a raffle to win HMSC museum memberships and special gifts from our museum shop.
Join us for this festive community evening! Stay tuned for the complete event program.
The Summer Solstice Celebration is free and open to the public. In case of rain, the event will move inside the museums. Free event parking is available at the 52 Oxford Street Garage. Please note that Divinity Avenue will be closed to traffic during the Solstice.
The Harvard Museums of Science & Culture are only an 8-minute walk through Harvard Yard from the Harvard Square MBTA Red Line station.
Free and open to the public.
|We make best efforts to update information, but it changes frequently, so we cannot warrant it. Please call to check Summer Solstice Celebration 2018 schedules, fees, and directions before making the trek. We help you, please help us. Report an Error if you find one.|