Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate & Ice Sculpture Festival
Due to COVID-19, our Salem’s So Sweet event will likely look very different in 2021. Please read the information below carefully, and be aware that details may change as needed.
|Dates:||Monday, February 1, 2021 - Sunday, February 14, 2021|
|Ages:||Kids, Teens, Adults|
|Category:||Ice & Snow Fun|
Salem Main Streets, the Salem Chamber of Commerce, Destination Salem invite you to participate in the 19th annual Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate & Ice Sculpture Festival – a decadent tradition of delectable chocolate, sparkling ice sculptures, and Valentine’s Day shopping!
This year we remain committed to supporting our local businesses in whatever fashion we can, and encouraging safe ways for our residents to remain connected to our downtown. Here are the important things to know:
– We have expanded the timeline of the festival to run TWO FULL WEEKS (FEBRUARY 1 – 14), including two weekends. The first weekend of Feb. 6 & 7 will reflect our usual SWEET programming (ice sculptures and illumination), while the second weekend of Feb. 13 & 14 will HEAT things up with warming stations and an emphasis on spicy as well as sweet.
– There will be NO CHOCOLATE & WINE EVENT this year. Instead we will be heavily promoting takeout options from participating restaurants over the course of the two weeks.
– In place of the Golden Ticket and brochure, we are opting for a PUNCHED POSTCARD AND CONTEST similar to the Stay Local Salem campaign we have implemented for the holidays.
Much like the Stay Local campaign, customers will get their postcard punched by participating Salem businesses to be eligible for rewards. Takeout, curbside pickup, online ordering, etc. will be highly encouraged.
Enjoy the ambiance of festive Winterlude lights around town as well.
=====Past Year's Info - Pre-COVID-19======
Salem Main Streets, the Salem Chamber of Commerce, Destination Salem, and local retailers, restaurants, and businesses invite you to attend the 18th annual Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate & Ice Sculpture Festival.
This decadent tradition of delectable chocolate, sparkling ice sculptures, and Valentine’s Day shopping…don’t miss Salem’s sweetest event of the year!
Chocolate & Wine Tasting Kick-off Event
Friday, Feb. 7, 2020, 6:30 pm, Colonial Hall at Rockafellas
This luscious tasting event features wine and chocolate samplings from premier Salem restaurants, stores, and sweet shops. Participating businesses will be announced closer to the event.
Ice Sculptures around Town – Starting Feb. 8, 2020
Every year, we install 20+ beautiful ice sculptures that grace downtown Salem starting February 8. A full list of and map of sculptures will be posted closer to the event.
The Salem Trolley offers trolley rides around the festival route weather permitting on February 8 & 9 from 12 pm to 4 pm for only $2 an adult (free for children).
Be sure to make plans for a special evening stroll on Saturday, Feb. 8, when the sculptures will be illuminated between by Retonica!
Golden Ticket and Additional Events – Saturday, Feb. 8 and Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020
Many downtown businesses will offer chocolate samplings and sweet discounts around downtown Salem all weekend in celebration of Valentine’s Day.
Check to see who is participating in the “Golden Ticket” – make a full-price purchase at one participating downtown business and get 10% off your purchase at the next participating business! Offer is good Feb. 8 and 9 only, some restrictions may apply.
In addition, many of Salem’s finest restaurants and retailers will be offering their own luscious chocolate and love-inspired specials and events. Participating businesses will be announced closer to the event.
Multiple locations, Salem, MA, 01970 map
- Check out our Boston Winter Fun Guide for lots more great ideas on things to do with the kids this winter.
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
- Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate & Ice Sculpture Festiva..., 2/1/21-2/14/21
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Boston Kids Furniture