Festival of Lights, Worcester
Welcome the winter with an evening of seasonal fun including lighting features, free ice skating, carriage rides, food vendors, live musical performances and much more!
The City of Worcester’s annual Festival of Lights celebration will be returning to the Worcester Common on Friday, December 3rd from 4:30-9 p.m. This free, family-friendly event will welcome winter with all kinds of seasonal festivities, including:
• Lighting features from a grand tree lighting, a lit menorah, and colorful large-scale light sculptures courtesy of Tower Hill Botanic Garden
• Ice skating on the Worcester Common Oval
• Carriage Rides around the Common
• Live performances throughout the night from Worcester Public schools choral groups, Los Cantores De La Montaña, and dance performances with fire and LED lights curated by Cirque de Light
• Food trucks and vendors plus a beer tent serving up locally brewed favorites!
• A visit from Santa, face painting, balloon animals, and more!
The Festival of Lights will also focus on public health and safety, with COVID-19 vaccinations available for those ages 5 and up.
Parking is available within a 5-minute walk of the Worcester Common Oval, including the Worcester Common Garage at 2 Eaton Place, the Mercantile Center Parking Garage at 100 Front St., the Federal Plaza Parking Garage at 570 Main St., and the Pearl-Elm Parking Garage at 24 Pearl St.
The City of Worcester would like to recognize the generous sponsors and community partners that make this event possible: ASM Global, the Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District, 104.5-FM WXLO, the Worcester Cultural Coalition, the Dogfather, and Discover Central Massachusetts.
455 Main Street, Worcester, MA, 01608 map
455 Main Street
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Boston Whale Watching