Parenting Journey Hosts Second Annual Social & Family Justice Institute
The Social & Family Justice Institute is a convening of cross-sector stakeholders and partners to advance an agenda that promotes community, uplifts parents, and cultivates leadership.
This year’s institute will focus on Transforming Our Communities through Civic Engagement.
Parenting Journey will facilitate a conversation with other inspired thought-partners to discuss what’s at stake for families at this critical time in our country.
Join professionals from across the Commonwealth from non-profits, government agencies, philanthropic foundations, and corporations who are not afraid to stand in unity for change and to confront systems in our society that disproportionately affect people of color, low-income families, and immigrants.
The program will include breakfast, a keynote speaker, and panel discussion moderated by Meghan Irons of the Boston Globe, and a State House News Service sponsored discussion.
Welcome – Imari Paris Jeffries, executive director of Parenting Journey
Introductory Remarks – Marty Meehan, president of The University of Massachusetts
Harnessing Community Power for Social Change Panel
• Moderator – Meghan Irons, reporter at The Boston Globe
• Panelists – Sheena Collier, director of economic opportunity at the Greater Boston
Chamber of Commerce, founder and CEO at The Collier Connection; Mac D’Alessandro, executive director and campaign manager for Voter Choice Massachusetts; Betty Francisco, general counsel at Compass Working Capital, co-founder of Latina Circle and Amplify Latinx; Segun Idowu, executive director of the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts, Inc.
Progressive Policy Making: Reclaiming ‘Family Values’
A broadcasted conversation sponsored by State House News Service
• Moderator – Robert Lewis, Jr., founder and president of The BASE
• Panelists – Representative Jim O’Day, 14th Worcester District of Massachusetts; Michael Curry, Esq., senior vice president of Government Affairs and Public Policy, and general counsel, at the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers; immediate past president of the Boston Branch of the NAACP
For more information about the event, please contact Anna Yanco-Papa, [email protected], and for media inquiries, please contact Amanda Albert, [email protected]
Event Link: https://parentingjourney.org/social-family-justice-institute/
Tuesday, October 22, 2018
8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
1 Beacon Street
Boston, MA 02108
1 Beacon Street, Boston, MA, 02108 map
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
- Parenting Journey Hosts Second Annual Social & Fam..., 10/22/19-10/22/19
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Boston Kids Furniture