Lunar New Year Celebration at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA)
Ring in the Year of the Rat with free admission to celebrate Lunar New Year! Explore Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese traditions while enjoying a variety of activities, demonstrations, and performances throughout the day.
• Enjoy a variety of music and dance performances throughout the Museum—including Lion dances performed by the Gund Kwok Asian Women Lion and Dragon Dance Troupe.
• Drop in on hands-on family art-making activities to create your own masterpieces to take home.
• Watch energetic presentations of Chinese and Vietnamese martial arts, and participate in interactive demonstrations of Saebae, a Korean New Year’s ceremony, and a traditional Chinese tea ceremony.
Lunar New Year at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, is presented in partnership with Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center, the Korean Cultural Society of Boston, VietAID, Vietnamese American Community of Massachusetts and the Chinese Culture Connection.
The 2020 Lunar New Year celebration is one of five free Open Houses held annually at the MFA, along with MLK Day Open House (Monday, January 20), MFA 150 (Wednesday February 5), Memorial Day Open House (Monday, May 25), Highland Street Foundation’s Free Fun Friday (summer date TBD) and Indigenous Peoples' Day (Monday, October 12).
465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA map
Phone: (617) 267-9300
• Ring in the Year of the Pig!
Go on a tour or talk highlighting works of art in the Art of Asia galleries; tours in English, American Sign Language, and Mandarin.
- Check out our Boston Chinese New Year Celebration guide for lots more great ideas on things to do with the kids.
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Boston Kids Furniture