Somerville Family Learning Collaborative (SFLC)
Other Ideas: Concord Family Network; Family Resources of Natick; Arlington Family Connection; Medford Family Network; Maynard Family Network
The Somerville Family Learning Collaberative, located at the Cummings School is a flexible and collaborative agency working with families together to develop a connected system of services to help and support all parents within the community of Somerville. SFN's goal is to support parents and caregivers as they raise, nurture, and educate their children.
The SFN Center is:
- A place for all Somerville families with young children
- A place where parents and children can play together.
- A place where parents can get information on other services and resources available in Somerville.
- A place to get answers to your questions. A place for parents to meet other parents.
- A place where your questions are confidential. A place where your language is spoken.
- A place where diversity is celebrated.
The Somerville Family Network is a universal family education and support program for families in Somerville with children prenatal through age three. The Somerville Family Network offers:
- Home Visits: Prenatal & Post Partum Homevisits with the Doula Program
- Family Literacy Homevisits with PCHP
- Developmental Screening
- Adult Education: ESOL Classes - Spanish - Computer Literacy
- Parenting Education Workshops
- Parents' Groups: Dads' Gethogether - New Mothers - Fathers - Single Mothers - Latino Mothers - Portuguese Mothers - Parenting in America
- Family Literacy Activities: Fieldtrips - Family Fun Nights - Family Picnics
42 Prescott Street, Room #14, Somerville, MA, 02143 map
Phone: 617-625-6600 X69
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Boston Kids Furniture