Somerville Family Learning Collaborative (SFLC)
Other Ideas: Littleton Parents Association; Beverly Mothers Club; The Quincy Mothers' Cooperative (QMC); Watertown Family Network; Arlington Family Connection
The Somerville Family Learning Collaberative, located at the Cummings School is a flexible and collaborative agency working with families together to develop a connected system of services to help and support all parents within the community of Somerville. SFN's goal is to support parents and caregivers as they raise, nurture, and educate their children.
The SFN Center is:
- A place for all Somerville families with young children
- A place where parents and children can play together.
- A place where parents can get information on other services and resources available in Somerville.
- A place to get answers to your questions. A place for parents to meet other parents.
- A place where your questions are confidential. A place where your language is spoken.
- A place where diversity is celebrated.
The Somerville Family Network is a universal family education and support program for families in Somerville with children prenatal through age three. The Somerville Family Network offers:
- Home Visits: Prenatal & Post Partum Homevisits with the Doula Program
- Family Literacy Homevisits with PCHP
- Developmental Screening
- Adult Education: ESOL Classes - Spanish - Computer Literacy
- Parenting Education Workshops
- Parents' Groups: Dads' Gethogether - New Mothers - Fathers - Single Mothers - Latino Mothers - Portuguese Mothers - Parenting in America
- Family Literacy Activities: Fieldtrips - Family Fun Nights - Family Picnics
|We make best efforts to update information, but it changes frequently, so we cannot warrant it. Please call to check Somerville Family Learning Collaborative (SFLC) schedules, fees, and directions before making the trek. We help you, please help us. Report an Error if you find one.|