Mass Art Art Museum (MAAM)
Opening February 22, 2020
MAAM is an art museum that is free and open to the public year-round. MAAM is located on the MassArt campus, just steps from the MBTA Longwood Stop on the Green Line (E).
The museum is also less than a half-mile from both the Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
Drawing, Sketching & Non Flash Photography
Artmaking is highliy encouraged! MAAM welcomes visitors with pencils and most drawing boards to the space. Non-flash photography is permitted and encouraged for personal, non-commercial use
MAAM is accessible to mobility devices and strollers; and two manual wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In addition, gallery benches are situated throughout our space, portable lightweight stools are also available
A Few Rules
- Please do not touch the artwork
- Please do not bring or consume food or drinks in the gallery spaces
- Please store backpacks, large bags, umbrellas, and any other items that may potentially harm artwork in our lobby
- Flash photography, tripods, monopods, drones, and selfie sticks are not allowed at any time in the Museum
- Children must be supervised at all times
- MassArt is a smoke-free campus. Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted in the Museum or outdoor spaces.
Museums Tours are available.
Wednesday, Friday: 12p–6p
Saturday, Sunday: 10a–6p
Closed Monday & Tuesday
621 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA, 02115 map
Phone: 617 879 7333
MAAM is located on the MassArt campus at 621 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA.
Take the MBTA Green Line (E) to Longwood Medical stop. MAAM is located directly across the street from the station.
You can also ride the MBTA Orange Line to Ruggles Station, and MAAM is only a half mile away. You can also board the CT2 bus bound for Ruggles via Kendall/MIT and exit at the Huntington and Longwood stop.
There are several MBTA bus routes that will get you to MAAM, including #39, CT2, #65, #8, #47, #19.
Take the Franklin Line or Providence/Stoughton Line to Ruggles Station. MAAM is a half mile from the station or you can board any CT2 bus bound for Sullivan Square and exit at the Huntington and Longwood stop.
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Boston Whale Watching