Castle Island Walkway
Other Ideas: Roller Kingdom; CLOSED: Roller Palace; Minuteman Bike Trail; Roller World; Chez-Vous Roller Skating Rink
The walkway the encircles Castle Island is a great place to walk, Roller blade or scooter, along Boston Harbor. This 22 acre land-bound island (it's the site of an old armory), features a number of interesting and entertaining features including:
- Terrific walkways (great for rollerblading)
- Views of Boston Harbor and Logan Airport - watch the planes take off & land!;
- A shoreline string of parks and beaches with a large playground;
- Snack bar that includes burgers, fries, clam strips, drinks & ice cream;
- Fort Independence: the oldest continually fortified granite site on British North America, having played a variety of roles in colonial and revolutionary times.
View our Photo Guide of Castle Island to get a better idea of what you can expect.
The park’s 1.9 mile (4,500-step) loop has a nice ocean breeze and spectacular views of the harbor.
Free with lots of free parking
2010 Day Blvd., Boston, MA, 02127 map
Take I-93 to Exit 15. Make a left at the light to rotary, and onto Day Boulevard, follow the water to Castle Island. You'll find free beach parking along the street the entire way, and a free lot for Castle Island at the end of the road.
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Boston Whale Watching