Harvard Art Museums School Group Programs
With an emphasis on careful looking, the Harvard Art Museums' school programs help K–12 students engage with thoughtfully selected works of art in ways that support their classroom studies. Back at school, students may create a project that extends the museum experience and helps them discover the artist and writer within.
Please contact the Education Department at 617-496-8576 for more information and to schedule your class visit. Teachers are invited to consult with Education staff to arrange for one or more gallery lessons that will support student learning and relate to the classroom curriculum.
Guidelines to plan your class visit:
• Guided school group tours are offered Tuesday–Friday at 10am.
• School groups requiring a gallery teacher must be booked at least three weeks in advance. When you call, please be prepared with several possible dates for your visit, as our gallery calendar fills up quickly during the academic year.
• Group size for K–12 is limited to 30–45 students, depending on the specifics of your lesson plan.
Lesson plans (modified for age group):
1. Introduction to the Harvard Art Museums (maximum of 45 students, 60–75 minutes in galleries)
2. Introduction to Asian Art (maximum of 30 students, 60 minutes)
3. Art, Storytelling, and Literature (maximum of 45 students, 60–75 minutes in galleries)
4. The Artist's Role in Society (maximum of 45 students, 75 minutes in galleries)
32 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA, 02138 map
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Boston Whale Watching