Technique Swim Camp at Harvard and Northeastern Universities
Other Ideas: iCode of Wellesley; YMCA of Greater Boston Day Camps; Russian School of Mathematics (RSM); Everwood Day Camp; Camp Sewataro
The specific focus of the camp is on stroke technique, mental discipline, race strategy, and strengthening exercises, while also emphasizing respect, cooperation, and most importantly, the element of having fun while swimming.
Harvard Head Coaches Tim Murphy and Stephanie Morawski, and Northeastern Head Coach Roy Coates are on deck daily and provide underwater stroke critique during the morning video sessions.
All campers will receive:
• Individualized stroke instruction
• Underwater videotaping and review
• Olympic/National team speakers. Previous speakers have included Janel Jorgensen (1996 Olympian), Samantha Arsenault (Olympic Silver Medalist, 2000), Erik Vendt (Olympic Silver Medalist, 2000,2004), John Cole (2002 National Champion, 800 Free), Jackie Pangilinan (Olympian representing Phillipines), Noelle Bassi (2004 National Champion, 200 Fly), Beth Kolbe (2008 Paralympian) and Geoff Rathgeber (2007 Pan American Team member.)
• Mental relaxation and flexibility techniques
• Strength and conditioning exercises
• Nutrition and injury prevention
• Free camp T-shirt
Novice Camp at Harvard is designed for swimmers ages 7 - 12 who have little or no prior competitive experience or lack a substantial training background.
Young Competitive Camp program is offered at Harvard only, and is geared for younger competitive swimmers ages 7-8. It will cover the stroke drills and progression followed in the Competitive Camp format but in a manner suitable for the age level.
Competitive Camp is designed for swimmers ages 9 - 17. Each swimmer must be able to legally swim 100 yards of all four strokes: butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle. Team experience required.
All swimmers will be organized by age and ability, so our instructors can move them along at a challenging but manageable pace.
Age Recommendation (infant, toddler, kids, teen, adults): 7 - 17 years of age
$425 for the 5 day camps, $340 for the 4 day camps
|Boston||---||map||Forsyth Street, Boston, MA » more|
|Cambridge||617-484-0550||map||North Harvard Street, Cambridge, MA » more|
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Boston Kids Furniture