Favorite Sledding Hills in the Boston Area
Discover some of the top sledding hills and venues in the Boston area. Bundle up and hold on tight! And get ready for a great day in the snow. Visit our guide to sledding near Boston for more information, photos and more!
|Friday, January 5, 2024 - Friday, March 1, 2024
|Toddlers, Kids, Teens, Adults
|Ice & Snow Fun
• Flagstaff Hill on Boston Common (near the baseball diamond)
• Danehy Park in Cambridge
• The Sugar Bowl in Boston next to Jamaica Pond
• Larz Anderson Park in Brookline which offers both huge and more modest hills and parking.
• Weld Hill at Arnold Arboretum, corner of Walter and South streets in Roslindale with parking on South street and various side streets.
• Cory Hill Park in Brookline
• Dorchester Park off Adams Street in Dorchester
• Amory Park in Brookline
• Tufts University in Medford. A nice hill in the back of the school.
• Hillview Country Club on North Street in North Reading
• Mount Hood Golf Course in Melrose
• Seven Bump Hill in Malden
• Cable Hill in Ipswich
• Mount Hood in Melrose
• Lynch Park in Beverly
• Dane Street Beach in Beverly
• Woodsom Farm on in Amesbury
• Wheatlands Hill in Topsfield
• Spy Pond Park in Arlington
• Oakley Country Club in Belmont
• NARA Park in Acton
• Prospect Hill Park in Waltham which features some long runs.
• Elm Bank Reservation off Route 16 at Wellesley/Natick border. (Mass Horticultural Society)
• Severance Hill at Wellesley College behind Davis Museum
• Warren Park at Wellesley Rec Dept, Route 16 Washington St
• Schofield Elementary School, Park at 27 Cedar St. in Wellesley
• Kelly Memorial Field om Elmwood Road adjacent to Bates Elementary in Wellesley
• Jericho Hills, Brigham off Clover Hill Rd, off Forest in Marlborough
• DeNormandie Dairy Farm in Trapelo Road in Lincoln
• 45 Trapeo Road in Lincoln
• NARA Park's Amphitheater Hill in Acton is a great location for sledding! It is located at the upper parking lot off Quarry Rd. Open during daylight hours.
• Benjamin Hill on Benjamin Road in Acton
• Cutler park in Maynard
• Hill in front of the former Calvin Coolidge School in Maynard, on Rte. 62
• Norfolk Golf Club in Westwood
• Pete's Hill in Sharon, located near Sharon center.
• South Shore Country Club in Hingham
• Coast Guard Hill in Marshfield
• Gaffield Park in Norwell
• First Parish in Norwell
• D.W. Field in Brockton
• Borderland State Park in Easton/Sharon (behind the Ames mansion)
• Ponkapoag Golf Course in Canton
• Higashi School in Randolph
• Furnace Brook Golf Course in Quincy
• Scituate Country Club in Scituate
• Strawberry Valley Golf Course in Abington
• Coakley Middle School, Norwood
Have a favorite spot that you don't see here? Let us know!
Looking for more ideas for outdoor winter fun? Discover some great places to go skiing near Boston this season, or stay local and find some fun places to go ice skating in Boston.
Downhill skiing is another great way to get outdoors and explore trails covered with snow. Visit our guide to Skiing Near Boston to find some terrific Ski Resorts near you.
If downhill skiing isn't your thing, snow tubing or cross country skiing is another option to get out into the wilderness, and explore trails covered with snow.
- Check out our Boston Winter Fun Guide for lots more great ideas on things to do with the kids this winter.
- Favorite Sledding Hills in the Boston Area..., 1/5/24-3/1/24
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Boston Whale Watching