Holiday Ship Lighting in Martin's Park
Please join us for our annual Holiday Ship Lighting in Martin's Park. Welcome Santa who will be arriving by boat. Enjoy some hot cocoa, caroling, and holiday fun!
|Dates:||Saturday, November 25, 2023|
|Hours:||4:00pm - 6:00pm|
|Ages:||Toddlers, Kids, Teens, Adults|
A special childrenís celebration will be held on Saturday, November 25, at 4 p.m. at the Smith Family Waterfront in the Seaport District and Fort Point neighborhood when the Friends of Martinís Park and the Boston Parks and Recreation Department host the annual holiday lighting of the ship in Martinís Park.
The Parkís wooden playship is the centerpiece of the space and will be transformed into a beautiful holiday display when the ship, surrounding beach fencing, and pedestrian bridge are illuminated with over 5,000 feet of white and blue LED lights.
Visitors are encouraged to head inside the park for the celebration. Refreshments will include eggnog from H.P. Hood, hot cocoa from Tuscan Kitchen, and coffee from Caffe Nero Seaport.
Santa Claus and The Grinch will arrive by boat with the Boston Police Harbor Unit at the Harborwalk and enter the park to switch on the lights.
Entertainment will be provided by the acapella group Ball In The House, performing a selection of holiday classics.
Special guests include the Boston Red Sox official mascot Wally the Green Monster, and the Seaportís own Betty the Yeti. In addition, the Boston Park Rangers Mounted Unit horses will be on hand, along with a fire truck from the Boston Fire Department.
Martinís Park will be transformed into a beautiful holiday display when the ship, surrounding beach fencing, and pedestrian bridge are illuminated with over 1,500 feet of blue and white tube lights.
- Santa will arrive by boat with the Boston Police Harbor Unit at the Harborwalk
- Entertainment will be provided by a cappella group Ball In The House performing a selection of holiday classics
- Seaportís own Betty the Yeti will make an appearance along with Red Sox mascot Wally
- Boston Park Rangers Mounted Unit horses & a fire truck from the Boston Fire Department.
- Hot cocoa will be provided by Tuscan Kitchen; Eggnog from H.P. Hood, & coffee from Caffe Nero.
Find more holiday lights displays in Boston in our handy guide!
64 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA, 02210 map
64 Sleeper Street
Boston, MA 02210
- Garage Parking in the Seaport, and just a 10 minute walk from South Station!
|RELATED LINKS||↑ top|
Popular ResourcesBoston with Kids
Free Things to Do
Family & Kids Events
Mass RMV - DMV
Boston Birthday Parties
Rose Kennedy Greenway
Boston Whale Watching